Can I move the presets and samples to a different location after installing Alchemy?
I want to move the Alchemy samples and presets to a different location on my computer.
- The Alchemy data folder is always located here:
- Move the Alchemy folder to a new location, or delete the alias
- Run the installer for Alchemy
- When asked for the location of the Alchemy data folder browse for the new location
- Select the Alchemy data folder and let the installer finish
/Library/Application Support/Camel Audio/Alchemy
- Create a folder named Alchemy in the new location
- Locate the existing Alchemy data folder on your system:
- Move only the following sub-folders and file to the new Alchemy folder:
- Create an instance of Alchemy in an empty host project
- When prompted browse for and choose the new Alchemy folder
- All future insances of Alchemy will use the new data folder
Start Menu > All Programs > Camel Audio > Alchemy > Alchemy Data
The samples, presets and other data files associated with Alchemy may be moved to a different folder on the same disk, a different hard drive, or to an external USB or FireWire disk. Do not move the data folder and edit the paths in the configuration file, you must follow the Mac or Windows specific instructions.
If your question isn't answered by the FAQs, please email support@camelaudio .com and we'll be happy to help.